Hi all,

I started a collaboration with folks at the Texas State government a while
ago, to see if we can get some of their data into OSM in a way that is fun
and involves mappers. We decided to start with something simple: let's
compare their point data in cemetery locations with what's in OSM, and use
MapRoulette to have mappers add the missing ones. I wrote about that in my
diary[1].

The problem was that the available imagery (Bing, Mapbox) was not good
enough. So we worked on a better solution. We now have beautiful hi res,
recent imagery for Texas underlying this challenge in MapRoulette, so you
should be able to spot any cemetery. Please give it a try in MapRoulette:
http://maproulette.org/map/85

The imagery is also available to add to JOSM or iD -- if you want to do
that, head to this short diary entry[2].

I hope this is helpful, happy mapping!
Martijn

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/39330
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/39716

PS1 I am presenting on this collaboration next Tuesday at the Texas GIS
forum in Austin, TX, come see that if you are around.
PS2 More collaborations with TX to follow, let me know if you are a Texas
mapper and want to get involved!