Oh, I should mention that the 'leisure=nature_reserve' is a concession to
current rendering practice. It is not inaccurate - all of the areas that I
tagged thus are in some way reserved for the processes of nature - but it
is imprecise. At such time as 'boundary=protected_area' becomes something
that renderers recognize more widely and treat in some sensible manner,
'leisure=nature_reserve' becomes superfluous on most of the areas. We might
then decide that a nature reserve is something more or less than a
protected area, but right now, the two are nearly synonymous.

I am extremely reluctant to remove the 'nature_reserve' tagging until and
unless there is better rendering. I've been waiting several years. There's
another political swamp there - protected_area rendering depends on
implementing hstore on the main database, which ties into a whole raft of
unrelated issues.

I mostly wouldn't care, since I render my own maps, but (a) I don't have
the resources to keep up with minutely updates, and use the main map
occasionally to verify that something uploaded as expected, and (b) I do
care that the main map show significant features that the general public
actually cares about - and large parks and wilderness areas are certainly
among those features.