Hi Duane,

Thanks. I had overlooked the examples page (even though I searched the OSM wiki
for the exact term!)
I do appreciate the granularity of the destination:street tagging and would
encourage the Telenav mappers to use it as well then, but we like to stick to
conventions that are properly documented (not only in an example page). Since
there is significant usage in N-America and some other regions [1], we could
add it to the destination tag page [2]?

My only issue with destination:street is that there’s still ambiguity when more
than one street is on the sign, like here [3]. Would that then be
destination:street=1300 So.;2100 So. and destination:ref=201 and
destination:West Valley? The advantage of having a separate tag partly vanishes
when you still need the semicolon separator?

Martijn van Exel

[1] http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/destination%3Astreet#map
 <http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/destination:street#map>
[ <http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/destination:street#map>2]