On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Dale Puch <dale.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The tag seems functionally correct, it is paid access.  Fee might apply,
> but it seems more like it applies to the park itself, not the roads, or you
> end up creating a very similar but specific use tag just for parks.

The state parks here in New York do not generally charge those that arrive
on foot for use of the park. The user fee for the park is collected as a
vehicle entrance fee. 'Toll' doesn't fit the situation on the ground too
badly. You're not paying to use the park, you're paying to drive on the
park roads.

Sometimes units such as state campgrounds charge a fee for use of certain
facilities (swimming beaches, showers, ...), but I have been surprised at
how minimal it can be. Two summers ago, a long hike that I was on took me
through a state campground that had signs posted all over that certain
facilities were only for the use of campground guests. I asked at the
headquarters, and found that instead of paying the $28 that I'd have had to
fork over if I'd arrived by car, I could pay $2 for a non-motorized day
pass. I happily availed myself of the bathhouse - I surely needed to get
cleaned up after a few days hiking through beaver swamp in hot weather!

I wouldn't expect that 'toll' would seriously confuse any router, even
after being instructed to 'avoid tolls'. They already have to be able to
handle the case, say, of a destination on an island connected to the
mainland only by toll bridges. They typically deal with "avoid tolls" by
assessing a penalty equivalent to a certain number of minutes of travel
time and considering only toll road routings that save at least that much
time over toll-free routings to the same destination.