On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Bryan Housel <br...@7thposition.com> wrote:

> I have used the living street tag once in the USA, and that is for this
> street which is completely blocked by gates except for a side way in that
> locals know.  I’m sure there are other similar situations around the USA,
> but they are indeed rare.

​There was a catalog of USA Livable Streets here or elsewhere recently.

​A quasi-relative once lived here
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/248462064 ​
in Brooklyn (Kings Co, NY) within the ancient precinct of Ft Hamilton.

Researching these people caused me to notice that these houses front on a
pedestrian way "Hamilton Walk" ("highway=footway"
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/5677149) and  back onto an alley
("highway=service" http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/251101956)  .

Not sure if this counts as Livable / Living Street ...  ​but it looks very
livable.​

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com