On 04/03/2017 12:18 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> What I am looking for is more clarity (specifically in Canada but
> in the US also) as to traffic regulations that would make adding these
> restrictions not only valid but also a boost to the quality of OSM data.
> I would only want us to add these if there is no confusion regarding
> correctness and there is added value to adding them.
>
> I'm cc-ing the US list as there are very similar traffic situations
> there and I'm interested in clarifying the situation there as well.

Around Houston, there were a couple of places where it was specifically
signed that one could not make a turn (usually a right turn) at the
intersection if there was a turning bay with a triangular/porkchop
island. However at others there is no explicit signage and in fact
there's one intersection where it's specifically signed that one can
turn out of the second lane at the intersection where it was signed
before "no right turn around island".

To more directly answer the question, I don't think there is a law in
Texas saying that one must use the turning lane if it's present. It's
often ill-advised to make a right turn at the intersection itself in
those cases, though.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skqu...@rushpost.com>
http://www.rantroulette.com