From: OSM Volunteer stevea [mailto:stevea...@softworkers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 3:47 PM
To: talk-us
Cc: Wolfgang Zenker
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] No updates on zoom level 12?

In my eight years in OSM I have seen zoom level 12 (and wider/lower) take from
about one to four months to fully re-render in mapnik/Carto ("Standard").  At
z=13 (and closer/higher), rendering can be in "as little as" seconds (usually
minutes) to hours.  As I don't think OSM's "schedule of exactly when a given
tile is rendered or promises to" can always be explained predictably, I offer
you my longer-term experiences to help you reasonably set your rendering
expectations.

Of course, while it is rewarding to see your changes "blossom" on "the map"
(our renderings), the best way to be satisfied with your edits is to think of
them as "being entered in the map," rather than being fully rendered:  that is
how data we enter become most valuable, by being entered.  Data do render,
eventually.

SteveA
California

---