Greg Troxel says "just plain wrong" about an older version of the Big Table row
for Massachusetts that pre-dates my harmonization of New England states thanks
to Peter Dobratz' contributions.  As I have subsequently harmonized Peter's
table with the Big Table, Greg's point now appears to be moot.  Thank you for
noting that harmonizing the Big Table with Peter's is "great progress."  That
was a bit of sweat and tears last night (editing multiple sub-row tables is a
somewhat trial-and-error-prone process) and I'm glad it's now done!  I have
also "trimmed up" the introductory text about townships (in the Midwest, not
New England) per your suggestion; thank you.  I have sharpened the statement
about New England governments tending toward "weak-county / strong-town" as it
is useful to support the notion of counties vanishing altogether in Rhode
Island, almost disappearing in Connecticut and going-going-not-quite-all-gone
in Massachusetts. If you still disagree, thinking it should be dropped, I
welcome constructive text improvements to the introduction.

Whether Precinct demotes from 9 to 10 in Towns seems a valid point, especially
how you make it.  However, I disagree that we should or shouldn't map such
"low-level" details (admin_level=9, 10) in our map; I think we should if we
can, which is why I am doing my best to document what values should be used, in
all cases.  (Thank you to everybody who helps us create consensus to do so).
Peter, I'd be curious what you think about demoting Precinct in Town from 9 to
10 in Massachusetts.

Thanks, everybody:  great dialog!

SteveA
California