On 17/07/2017 02:13, Horea Meleg wrote:
Hello all,

Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing Signposts in Detroit area. We were wondering which would be the complete information in this case, when a secondary(primary) road and a motorway_link intersect - should a motorway_junction tag be added?

42.482377, -83.259498

I assume you're referring to <http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/61863741>. This node should not be tagged highway=motorway_junction, because the motorway_link in this case is an on-ramp (motorway entrance). highway=motorway_junction is only used at the beginning of an off-ramp (exit) -- that is, a link way that leads away from the motorway.

However, it is a good idea to add destination and destination:ref tags based on any signage you see near the beginning of this ramp. Navigation software needs these tags to be used with on-ramps and off-ramps alike.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us