>> Max Erickson <maxerickson at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> The image the linked image was traced from provides no provenance
>> (beyond "Own work"). It's tough to go from there to being sure that
>> derived data is okay to contribute to OSM.
>
>It is explicitly CC BY-SA 4.0.  Does OSM have a problem with that?
>
>SteveA
>California

I don't claim to speak for the gestalt that might be OSM, but all we
see there is that a Wikipedia editor, "Mr.Election" has asserted CC
BY-SA 4.0 over their contribution to the work. They give as a source
"This SVG map was traced from Guam-administracja", so to evaluate the
copyright status of the SVG, it is also necessary to evaluate the
copyright status of the Guam-administracja image. I don't see
sufficient provenance to come to a safe conclusion about the status of
the Guam-administracja image.

In any case, it seems similar boundaries are available from the Census.

Max