If anyone has experience converting LIDAR into building footprints, the
state of Texas has put 1 meter LIDAR products into the public domain.
Here's an example quad:

https://tnris.org/data-download/#!/quad/Settegast

This could be used for an import if someone has the right tools to generate
nice, clean building footprints.

-Andrew