John,

        If someone named Allessanbdro were in charge, a study,
such as Zoe's, never would happen, Clearly, from the reactions
on the email lists, a gender topic is very threatening to a number
of members.
        I still feel we are much better off with independent research.
An internal research organization won't ask hard questions. That's
why most large organizations--businesses, government, etc.--if they
want to know what's really going on, bring in outside, independent
researchers.

Charlotte