Hi Brian,

>From the TxDOT website I see that the road data is updated yearly, but
unfortunately the data was last published at the end of 2015.

One think I would like to make sure of, is that Texas roads are up-to-date
so that any new subdivisions that may be water affected are actually on the
OSM map.

A couple of years ago there was a "Tiger missing and misaligned 2015" layer
that I found really usefull for bringing many US cities and towns
up-to-date.

Do you know if there is (or plans for) a more recent version of this, maybe
Tiger 2017???

Also if there was a layer like this that only had missing/misaligned roads
where the Tiger data had a name tag, then new sub-divisions and any missing
streets could be easily added, all over the US (once Texas is updated).