On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Horea Meleg <horea.me...@telenav.com>
wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> We are editing in Maricopa and Pinal counties area, where we have tiger
> and approved local data. Thanks for all input and advice. We already talked
> with Hans about highway tags when we had some concerns. We talked with some
> mappers in Phoenix about signpost and the tag destination:street, which we
> used before in other areas but in Phoenix it’s not used. Could you give us
> some pointers: why do you not use it? Could we?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/60547575
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/756209453

Look at the history on these to objects.  Was name, ref, exit_to, or
destination the tag to use or now is it destination:street?  Do you put the
tags on the node or the way? In my case, freeway exit numbers and mileposts
are important.  I put in many of the exit numbers.  I found something
better to do that keep up with all the "shall we do it this way
discussions".  Go right ahead and make the changes.  Your changes will be a
model for other future exits or exits left unchanged.

Thanks,
Greg