On Oct 10, 2017 8:13 AM, "Tod Fitch" <t...@fitchdesign.com> wrote:

I have started trying to clean up some of the redactions in Arizona,
starting with the town of Maricopa. As Ian pointed out, these were
“pre-redacted” and rather than deleting the road name, the name was changed
to chdr_USA_AZ_name_fixup_required.

I did not see that the redaction was finished. I will work on any of the
remaining names. The chdr changes were focused on various new subdivisions
at time of the changes.

The problem is there are some roads that do not have names on the Tiger
2017 overlay. At this time I have left those untouched.

My worry is that there does not seem to be a lot of local mappers working
in the area so it may be a while before the remaining
name=chdr_USA_AZ_name_fixup_required roads get fixed. In the meantime data
consumers will be giving confusing information to end users. I can see (or
mentally hear) lots of routing guidance with “turn right at churdr usa az
name fixup required”.

I am inclined to simply delete the name if Tiger 2017 has no name. That
will do two things: 1. Make the map and routing less wrong. And 2. Allow
the normal QA tools we have indicate an issue (residential road with no
name).

Thoughts?

Tod

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 12:21 PM, Ian McEwen <ianmcorvi...@ianmcorvidae.net>
wrote:

> AZ has none because of https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/51502902
> rather than an actual absence of things to fix from this (that changeset
> essentially pre-redacted the names, so they no longor appear in
> Frederick's list of redactions). I've fixed those I could find in the
> Tucson & Pima County areas, but there's still lots to be gone over in
> AZ.
>
> Just mentioning this so if anyone's doing anything like tasking manager
> work, they'll know they need to special-case AZ.
>
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 09:21:59AM -0700, Tod Fitch wrote:
>> FYI,
>>
>> No redactions in Oregon, Arizona or Utah. I’ve added Tiger 2017 names to
the ways in the list located in California and Nevada. Later today I’ll do
New Mexico and Colorado.

>> I’ve got to restrain myself from correcting geometry, adding surface,
lanes, turn lanes, etc. while I do this. :)

>> Tod
>>
>>> On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Tod Fitch <t...@fitchdesign.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks like there are about 6600 redactions in the US. Did a quick sort
of the list by country and state and it looks like Texas has the most (by
eyeing the list rather than counting). Most states have a very manageable
number. There were about 42 in California and I was able to apply Tiger
2017 names to 38 of those. Most states will be that easy.

>>> All I did was take the list, extract out the ones for California, do a
edit to add "https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/“ in front of the way ID and
then do a “Load Location” in JOSM for each. Looked at them with the Tiger
2017 overlay imagery to see if there was a name I could apply. Took maybe
1/2 hour to do all of California.

>>> Not sure this is a big enough job to bother putting up a OSM task for
it. Just grab the way IDs in your state, and maybe in your neighboring
state(s), and do it.

>>> Texas and maybe New York will require more work, so maybe those could
be broken into tasks. But for the rest I think it would pretty much be “one
state is one task”.