The tag, tiger:reviewed that is left over from the 2006/7 import of TIGER
roads has lost any meaning. For example, look at 196th Avenue Southwest [1]
in Thurston County WA. It's on version 6 yet still has tiger:reviewed=no.
Note I picked this street at random from a overpass query [2]. I see this
tag all the time. It's time to get rid of it. Not through a mechanical
edit, but by editors making changes to roads.

I'm proposing to open a ticket for JOSM to add this tag to the list of
discarded tags. I'd like to hear if there are any objects or think this is
a good idea.

I did learn from Toby Murray this morning that you can add tiger:reviewed
to the list of discarded tags in JOSM by going to preferences->Advanced
Preferences and adding tiger:reviewed to tags.discardable. Then just reload
JOSM for the changed to be active.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/173554611
[2] http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/yJh

Clifford