Hi everyone!
I have finally verified the license on the Chatham County, NC address data
which includes about 44,000 address points.  It is public domain except for
that it has a "no direct resale" policy that allows indirect resale
(includes other data), which is compatible with OSM.  Durham County, which
uses the ODbL has also produced address data.  I will be completing both
the imports this weekend.  Some discussion has taken place about adding
buildings in Durham at the same time as the import, but to keep everything
more simple, I have decided on just adding nodes for now and then merging
with buildings later.  This would reduce complexity and help everything run
more smoothly.  I will upload all of the data alone.  This helps keep
everything more simple, leading to fewer mistakes.  I do not see very much
benefit to having several account all importing the data.

Details:
Size of both imports combined: 190,000 addresses