I don't think that the way to is a reliable indicator of trail vs road.
Particularly in areas managed for forestry, I believe it's fairly common
for a disused skid road to be managed and used as a non motorized trail (I
can think of a few examples around here), which is a distinct situation
from a road being closed to vehicle traffic without special permission, but
both cases could be a track with the same access tags.