Hi folks,

I work in Juno, an uber-like company operating in New York City only. We use
OpenStreetMap data for many things internally, including tolls and map
matching. And I thought I might use the data we have to help the project.

Yesterday I took ~1 mln rides we made in December and matched them to the OSM
road network. With that I found a few hundred points where an actual trace
diverged from the matched one quite often. This usually means a oneway tag is
wrong, or a turn restriction is incomplete.

The result is this MapRoulette challenge:
https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3570
<https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3570>

If you know conditional restrictions and how to use Mapillary and other source
to cross-check data, please help us fix errors in the NYC map. I assume you
know how MapRoulette works, and there is a short description in the sidebar.

There will be more news to follow. I talked about this at a FOSDEM last week,
so you might find the recording interesting: https://youtu.be/QR4P3p8eKho
<https://youtu.be/QR4P3p8eKho>

Have fun,
Ilya