Martijn and everyone,

A couple of years ago I did some research on named driveways that I was seeing
in Virginia. County GIS officials told me that, in Virginia, any "driveway"
with three or more residences had to have a name. TIGER had those names. So did
the county maps.

I know that sometimes TIGER names driveways and private drives with the name of
the road that goes past that associated residence. Those probably should be
considered errors. But in Virginia, at least (I don't know about other states),
named driveways often are correct.

Just something to think about when you're developing the Maproulette challenge.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter

927 18th Street #A