I'm OK with this as well.  I especially wish to call to the attention to others
who may do mechanical wiki edits like this (by Mateusz' good example) that he
was careful to:

1)  Explain the problem; it confuses mappers/map consumers and wiki
authors/readers,
2)  Offer a polite proposal as well as taking ownership for any potential
problems with it,
3)  Have wiki-oriented documentation of this (and here is the link),
4)  Say that this was done on a "smaller" (though still countrywide!) scale,
and it worked.

Outstanding!  Thank you, Mateusz for your example of wiki, talk page and
community communication.  OSM has every reason to support such excellent
suggestions/proposals.

SteveA
California