I'm not sure it's tagged correctly. boundary:type=protected_area, should be
boundary=protected_area. Although I do see boundary:type in use. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area

See https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1399218#map=9/47.9660/-121.5472
for a National Forest near me that renders or at least renders the borders.

I'm also looking at tagging of conservation areas. We have 15K protected
areas in the continental US. About 5K are missing the protect_class tag.
Although it might be that they shouldn't be a tagged as
boundary=protected_area. I hope to put together a Maproulette challenge to
work on fixing these.

Best,
Clifford

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 4:08 PM brad <bradha...@fastmail.com> wrote:

> Help me understand why Gunnison NF is not being rendered on the OSM map
> (nor on my mkgmap build).   Right next to it is San Isabel NF,  same tags &
> it shows up as do many other NF.
>
> Relation: Gunnison National Forest (5579230)
> Relation: San Isabel National Forest (396343)
>
> See attached screenshots
>
> Brad

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us