On 4/26/2019 9:49 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
Other than that I can't think of any tags that would be applicable to
these sorts of situations. We tend to tag the regulations themselves,
not the extent to which they're adhered to. Certainly just calling it a
park because kids play there doesn't seem consistent with OSM standards.
We don't raise the speed limit in places where everyone speeds, or tag
bicycle=yes on ways where they're prohibited but frequently used.

No, I think leisure=playground aligns a bit more closely with "kids play here,"
though some people like snap-tight definitions, others consider things as much more
elastic.  It's difficult to please everybody; semantics can be messy.

Certainly. But speaking as a map user, if I saw a playground on a map
and then arrived there and found it was just an empty lot or an
undeveloped bit of land, I would find fault with that map. So if these
places (kids play here but it's unofficial) are to be mapped, I'd
suggest different tagging.

If recreation really is the primary human activity in these areas, you
might consider landuse=recreation_ground -- though the way I read the
wiki, it sounds like the intended use is a little more formal than the
situations you're describing.