On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 1:23 PM Nuno Caldeira <nunocapelocalde...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But what happens if the Foundation is taken over by people with commercial
> interests?
>
>    - You still own the rights to any data you contribute, not the
>    Foundation. In the new Contributor Terms, you license the Foundation to
>    publish the data for others to use and ONLY under a free and open license

This got me thinking, particularly considering the license change a few
years ago and what a fiasco that was.  What's protecting the map here?
What's to stop a prolific contributor from taking their ball and going
home, to the overall detriment of the map?

To be clear, this *is not something I am going to to*.  For the sake of
playing Devil's advocate, what is to stop me from, after nearly a decade,
taking my data and going home?  This would leave a roughly 400 kilometer
wide hole centered in Tulsa, some serious breakage in metro Portland and
thousands of pockmarks around the world.  If I were to pull out and take my
data with me, it would swiss cheese the map.