From: Bradley White <theangrytom...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 4:00 PM
To: OpenStreetMap talk-us list <talk-us@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] United States Bicycle Route System ballots pending
AASHTO approval

>If you are in California (or even if not!) and want to enter USBR 50, helping
>to build Earth's largest official cycling route network, check out our wiki,
>follow the links to the turn-by-turn and map data and have fun!

Just finished adding the route from SLT to Placerville, plan to continue west
as I have time.

Aside: Curiously, the crossing proposed across US 50 at Sierra Blanca (line 21
- confusing to follow since you do not "continue on" but instead turn left and
cross 50 to get to Sierra Blanca, and Ponderado Rd. is not involved in the
route at all per El Dorado County road map) appears to be illegal, unless this
somehow counts as an implicit crossing under CA law. Not to mention having to
cross 6 lanes of 65
mph+ traffic! I would prefer to stay on Carson Rd. until it reconnects
with El Dorado Trail myself.