> On Aug 5, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Eric H. Christensen via Talk-us
> <talk-us@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> Tropical Storm Isaias left several homes in my neighborhood severely damaged
> and condemned.  Is there a proper way to map these structures?

I would look to the lifecycle prefix [1] but I don’t see a tag prefix there
that exactly corresponds to the situation. abandoned:building=* would be for
something that could be repaired but the word “abandoned” has a different
connotation for me than “damaged”. If beyond repair, then destroyed:building=*
found in the “less common prefix values” section of that page would seem to
apply.

— Tod

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix