But the Forest Service itself is showing the outer boundary on it's
websites, as I've mentioned above. On the higher resolution web map, there
is only a faint difference in lighter green / darker green color to show
which land within the official boundary is privately or federally owned,
and this distinction is not even mentioned in the map legend:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/klamath/maps-pubs/?cid=fseprd533703&width=full

And my experience is that only the outermost boundary has official signs
saying "entering Klamath National Forest". If you drive into a checkerboard
area of private/public land, there are no Forest Service signs at the
limits of private land.

- Joseph Eisenberg