Hi,

I hope I'm not hurting anyones feeling here but I need to express my
feelings about potlatch. Yes, it's a simple editor and good to start
with, but from the beginning on it introduced a lot of errors into the
map which I want to show here. I really want to discourage the use of
potlatch.

OSM1: you can see the nodes on the horizontal road are almost in the
right spot but clearly are not connected to the vertical roads.
OSM2: vertical roads highlighted to show better

OSM3: another error: 2 nodes in (almost) the same spot.
OSM4: if you have a good eye you can see it without selecting them:
these spots are darker than normal

These kinds of errors not only make the map ugly, it is wrong data,
because the roads _are_ connected. Also routing would fail.

Please use Markaartor 0.13.2 (and upload often because still not
stable) or JOSM.
http://www.merkaartor.org/Download/

Can we make some kind of page or Wiki where we can collect common
mistakes (not only done via potlatch) and how to cure or prevent them?
The mailing list is fine for discussion but we need some reference
page.

Mark