Chris Ainslie wrote:

> I have a rather large collection of GPX tracklogs that I have made
> over time (my GPS and datalogger are almost permanently turned on).
> These are 90% KZN based.
>
> Can I send these to somebody, or possibly FTP them, they’re not small.
>
> Will they help?

Yes, the traces will definitely help. Improving the accuracy of road
centre lines or discovering non-yet-mapped roads amongst other uses.

The preferred upload method is to submit them via:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/mine

The upload form supports ZIPPED files. (preferably 1 file per zip file.)
(gz and bz2 compressed files also accepted)

> Further to this, there are some private roads (farms, game farms etc)
> where the entrance is marked with waypoints. Should I remove these
> tracks first, or can I trust that they will not be added to the map?

Keep the waypoints. Someone may use this information to add it to the
main OSM database using JOSM or Potlatch.

/ Grant