  From: Nic Roets
  To: talk-za@openstreetmap.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [OSM-Talk-ZA] Tagging

  Hi Mark and Paul,

  I guess our standards are a bit open to interpretation, which is not
necessarily a bad thing. It's relatively easy to get it right. It does not work
for Rossouw Street M13 which carries a lot less traffic than Louis Botha M33.
(And some idiot changed Hans Strydom in Pretoria to residential a few weeks
back !)

  Paul, your system also looks easy except distinguishing between secondary and
tertiary.

  I may be responsible for tagging the R104 as tertiary so that it stands out a
bit better between the the M2, M4 etc. But if someone wants to change it (or
and other road), I'll stick to the new values.

  The only thing that is important to me is that most routing software
currently assumes that 'trunk' roads are faster than primary etc. And it's
unclear if pedestrians and bicycles are allowed on trunk roads, so explicit
tagging is best.