So I may or may not have the West Coast Spatial Development
Department's spatial data for the West Coast (Saldanha municipality -
including Paternoster, St Helena, Langebaan, Vredenberg etc). The
files are public domain and there are no issues with us importing it.
They cover everything from National routes  (well, just the N7 really)
and streets to jeep tracks and community centres etc).

The only problem, is that much like the Cape Town import, the X and Y
values are in a different format, and I don't have a tool to convert
from Shape File to OSM that I understand.

If there are any takers on helping convert or import, or even just for
moral support:P ... then give me a shout. As with Cape Town, it might
make sense that a small group do the import. Once it is in OSM format,
I don't mind importing the data...  the conversion is the tricky part
for me.

The first set of files I received today did not include street names
in the dbf file... they are resending the files with the street names
inside. Once I have those, I can mail them to those involved in the
import.

Regards,
Brendan