Hi

I recently went to Hermanus for a weekend and had a look at what OSM
has to offer for that area, I noticed that it was poorly mapped in
most areas, so I decided to add my 2c worth while I was there.

In the guest house and various shops I was at, they had a lot of
tourism broaches that had very decent maps of Hermanus in them. With
all the recent municipalities helping us out by providing their
mapping data, I was wondering why we don't have good maps for that
area yet. Someone definitely has a good map available.

I found a mail from a while ago from Grant Slater saying that he has
contacted the municipality from that area but hasn't gotten any help
from them.

Has anybody tried to get a shapefile from them since that? Can we get it?

Are there any GPS traces lying around that we can import?

Hermanus isn't a huge place and its a popular tourist area, so I'd
really like to see it (and surrounding areas) mapped.

Adrian