On a recent trip around South Africa in March/April I came across several roads
(all of them unpaved) with designations that have not yet been catered for in
our South African tagging guidelines. These roads were mostly in the Eastern
Cape, KZN, Freestate or Mpumalanga. Some roads had S-, D- or T-references,
e.g., S22 east of Golden Gate, going north to Kestell. Along that route there
was also S182, if I recall correctly.

What is the feeling on how to mark these roads? They are not trunk, primary or
secondary roads, but they seem to have a reference number other than N, M or R.
According to the guidelines, they would fall under "unclassified".  I have no
idea how prevalent these roads are, but if they are more widespread, perhaps
they could be classed "tertiary"? Anybody else seen such roads?

regards
Stef

    Send