Hi SIndile,
I suspect it would probably be dependant on the licensing under which the
cadastre data is made available. If it is public domain then an email from
the appropriate person at the institution to give permission to use the
data would be sufficient. It might require more approval but the legal side
is not my strong point. Having the data in OSM would be really nice so it
would certainly be a worthwhile avenue of pursuit. What would even be
better is to have a long term data exchange agreement in place whereby OSM
could get update feeds for when the data changes keeping OSM updated.

Regards

On 8 January 2013 10:29, Sindile Bidla <sindile.bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the position with regards to uploading cadastral boundaries from
> the Chief Surveyor General into openstreetmap?
>
> Could perhaps a similar process as that of uploading NGI data be adopted?
>
> Regards,

Gerhardus Geldenhuis