Hi
Not familiar with umap but it looks like it would fit well with your needs
and it is OSM friendly. If you wanted to put the data directly in
OpenStreetMap then hotosm have a tool that allows you to divide an area
into blocks that people can work on. That is a great way to divvy up work
and see what areas has been completed. The link is http://tasks.hotosm.org/
You can either use that in situ or you can build your own version since it
is opensource.

Regards

Gerhardus Geldenhuis