imo residential
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=residential> describes a
street inside a  housing estate perfectly. You could use highway=
living_street
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dliving_street> instead
but only if the tag truly applies.

I wouldn't suggest any changes just because a validator says so.  Just
because a street has no name doesn't make it invalid.

Some streets just don't have names. I live in such a street
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/484195151> and it's definitely
highway=residential and it has no name (afaik).

2c//Tinshack