Enjoy this weeks news letter, if it's an issue I am sending this every week, please let me know, and I shall no longer do this.
Ray.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:23:51 -0700
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Dean Martineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Top Tech tidbits for Thursday, August 17, 2006
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Top Tech tidbits for Thursday, August 17, 2006

1)  Here is a web site containing games, many free, and some other
programs for the Pac Mate, the older notetakers and some for Windows and Linux:
www.braillesoft.net

2)  the Plextalk PTR2 is an expensive digital recorder with many
unique features for the blind.  Brian Hartgen has written a review of
it.  From his Portable Player Portable site, choose the link for
Daisy Players and Recorders link to read it:
http://www.hartgen.org/portable.html

3)  Pro Tools is the leading program used by recording studio
engineers, musicians and producers. Its manufacturer has not chosen
to implement the accessibility provisions that Apple has built into
the latest editions of the Mac.  You can sign a petition to urge them to do so.
http://www.protoolspetition.org/

4)  Here is a handy site listing over 70 stations owned by CBS that
now stream their programming online:
http://radiomat.com/

5)  Gw Micro has published a new article to its KnowlegeBase:
Small-Talk Ultra Processor Throttling
http://gwmicro.com/Support/Knowledge_Base/?kbnumber=GWKB1048

6)  Version 10.6 of the braille translation program DBT is available,
featuring enhanced support for importing Nemeth documents, new and
improved foreign language translation capabilities, and improved data
entry both for entry in DBT itself and for typing in Word.
http://www.duxburysystems.com/dbtwhst.asp

7)  Here's something for JAWS scripters: Tutorial: Extending JAWS using Python
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/tech/tr06.shtml

8) One mailing list participant recommends the Data Doctors weekly
free newsletter
http://www.datadoctors.com/

9)  Another source of information is the Rvers Computer Help newsletter
http://www.rverscomputerhelp.com/
These folks have written a lot of help articles over the years, so
they suggest looking at their collection of articles
http://www.rverscomputerhelp.com/articles.html
and their newsletter archive
http://www.rverscomputerhelp.com/archives.html

10) Coming up shortly, at 03;00 Friday 18 August, the Computer
America radio program will feature an interview with the folks who
make the Sepstral software speech engines, with demonstrations of the
latest in available software speech.  You can listen to the hour-long
program by pasting this Url into the ctrl-u dialog in Windows Media
Player, or presumably into the ctrl-l dialog in winamp:
mms://64.92.199.77/BusinessTalkRadio-IN

11)  Speaking of software speech, there's an interesting web site for
a program, presently available free, called Model Talker that claims
to let you use your own voice.  Nobody has reported how well it really works:
http://www.asel.udel.edu/speech/ModelTalker.html

Visit the Tidbits page at www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where
you can subscribe to the rss feed and grab back issues.  All that
welcome information for future issues can come to me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED].

That's the news for this week.

To leave the list, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and reply to the confirmatory message.

If you have a news item, handy web page or piece of software you want to recommend,  concerning adaptive technology, technology as it relates to the blind, or Internet audio, send it to me for inclusion next time.

Inclusion of information in tttt does not imply any endorsement of products or services mentioned, or even that the content of the announcement is accurate.  (Often, I do not verify the accuracy of the announcements.)  Having said this, most are accurate and useful.

TTTT is a free service of Top Dot Enterprises, Copyright (c) 2004, 2005, Top Dot Enterprises.

Dean Martineau
Top Dot Enterprises
2219 Rucker Ave #204
Everett WA 98201