Yeah, but you get 50 cents a page! lol. At least he wrote his own tunes (mostly). Today's pop "musicians" don't even do that; someone else writes the music, someone else writes the words, someone else choreographs the dance, and someone else produces the album and pitch-shifts the "artist" until they're on key and edits the video when they screw up the dance steps. And none of these people ever get any credit. And then we justify our downloading of mp3s with the fact that the record company doesn't pay the "artist" hardly anything at all. But then, with most mainstream "artists" these days, why should they? What, exactly, has Britney done that's worth more than a small percentage of sales? Not having any musical or audio talent at all, maybe I've missed something. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Perdue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:30 AM
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List musical trivia

Yeah, that's actually quite interesting. I didn't know about that, and I didn't
know he lived that long, either.
Of course, these days, you don't need to have tallent of any sort to make it big -- just know someone who knows someone, look nice, and the rest doesn't matter. Of course, the people who know what they're doing hang out in the background and
get no credit.