To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List I guess this is a bad thing...

On Monday, March 19, 2007 11:25 PM,
Patrick Perdue happened to mention in passing:

On 3/19/2007, 7:17:17 PM EDT, Nick wrote:

Good   thing too, I don't want Microsoft controlling Skype.

I think it'd be amusing to see an already crappy/trendy/cult-trapping
product turned into ...
uh.. can it get worse? Yeah, I guess it could be integrated into Windows
Live! messenger, which I hate almost as much as Skype. Or maybe
Skype/Outlook/Live Messenger/Ebay/MSN Gaming zone (is that still
around?) and other fun things will all emerge to create Skype live!
email, where everyone can see everyone else's mail, cut in on each
other's messenger conversations, and, with the aid of Microsoft Money,
efficiently take control of your finances by buying random things on
your behalf on the new Microsoft Ebay, all by simply participating in a
skype conference! Yeah,
fun times!

-- --

Gotta agree with you there on that one, Windows Live is a pile of utter shite. I wish I'd never bothered installing it on here, but lucky for me it's just my laptop and not my primary machine. When I built my desktop, I had kicking around on my server driver, a copy of MSN 7.5 which promptly got installed as I like it lots better than Live. Live can take a dive for all I care. Contact exceleration has gone. IE, typing in a contact's name and jumping directly to that contact. NOw you type the first couple of letters (or more) and all it does now is to say found: XX contacts and give you a list of those. To clear that, you use the wonderful backspace key and start from the very damn top of your list. Now in a way that's like the Nokia contacts editor but in a phone, I can deal with that. Where it's a list view or whatever, it should be like it always has been but oh no, they had to go screw that up didn't they? Yes, they did.
Aah well, rant over.  Annoying little bastards are Microsoft!  Go die!

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.