To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 11:26 PM
Subject: The Talk2 List Microsoft outlook and OE issues

Hi. There's been a lot of talk on the rockbox list of late about top-quoting. Now it seems only OE and Microsoft outlook do this by default, and it is rather backwards and stupid. Email clients such as The BAt! Do not do this to my knowledge, or if they do, their owners fix this immediately. A member of the Rockbox list posted this url which I find quite useful and now I use it in conjunction with OE. OK so it's not the best mail client ever, nore does it really follow lovely RFC regulations but it just about works. Microsoft can never quite get it right can they? Anyway, I've introduced some people to it already and they seem to like it, so I thought I'd put it out there to talk2 members using OE and Microsoft outlook and see what they make of it.

Directly from the website comes a bit about what it does and why:

OE-QuoteFix will extend the functionality of MS Outlook Express in numerous ways! Its main purpose is to modify message composition windows on-the-fly to allow for correct quoting and to change the appearance of your plain-text replies and forwards in general: move your signature, use compressed indentation, have RFC compliant signatures, etc. But the second feature is equally practical: OE-QuoteFix can instantly color quoted passages (according to the level of indentation), fix bad quoting and generally beautify messages as you view them in Outlook Express.
Quoting & Formatting

If you use Outlook Express as your mail/news client and make use of plain-text messages (which are still the way to go, especially in the usenet), you will have noticed that OE doesn't exactly feature the most intelligent quoting algorithm; in fact, it's the silliest one imaginable.

The following will probably look familiar... This is a simple sample text, and as you will see, Outlook Express is going
to wrap this line. I've always hated that! And one night I said to myself,
"It can't go on like this". And so I wrote OE-QuoteFix...

--
Dominik Jain
http://flash.to/oblivion
"Dominik Jain"  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This is a simple sample text, and as you will see, Outlook Express is
going
to wrap this line. I've always hated that! And one night I said to myself,
"It can't go on like this". And so I wrote OE-QuoteFix...

--
Dominik Jain
http://flash.to/oblivion
"Dominik Jain"  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> This is a simple sample text, and as you will see, Outlook Express is
going
> to wrap this line. I've always hated that! And one night I said to
myself,
> "It can't go on like this". And so I wrote OE-QuoteFix...
>
> --
> Dominik Jain
> http://flash.to/oblivion

So there you have it. That's a muchly cut down discription but I run it like Bewaresntp which is sitting in task manager but with no task bar icon and nothing in the system tray to even indicate that it is at all there.
Hope it's interesting to someone at least.

Andre P. Louis

Uncopyright, free music, compositions, Web-hosting and the new look to the beyond Radio Network? Visit one of the sites listed below:

 Main site: http://AndreLouis.COM
My Live Journal: http://LJ.AndreLouis.COM
The Beyond Radio Network (TBRN:) http://www.TBRN.NET
Free music:  http://tbrn.net/Beds

Online contacts:

 Email and NET Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: Andre_Louis
Aim: FreakyFwoof
Bitwise: FreakyFwoof

Telephone contacts:

 Home (phone United Kingdom):   +44207-0788886
 Home (fax United Kingdom):   +44207- 2212126
 Cellular (United Kingdom): +44-7875-546903
In the United States: +1-404-806-5809  (Vonage)

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.