On 10/20/2007, 11:36:22 AM EDT, Mary spouted forth:

> what about those film strips
> where someone had to turn this knob every time the tape beeped that
> came  with the film strip.

Ah, boring manual frame advancement. I always thought those things were
incredibly boring and a very large waste of space and energy.
They had those combination projector/tape decks, and some of them had decent
speakers, at least, to make up for their bulk and general boring
nature, but there are much more efficient ways of doing that sort of thing.

Of course, at the same time, we had laser disks. It was fun when the
laser disk player decided to play all of the available audio tracks at
once, which gives you simultaneous English and Spanish versions of the
spoken/dialogue on most of those little-person school things. It was
particularly cool when it was based on something that was very obviously
in English, like the Apollo moon missions, and there were clips of the
ground control, and of course the famous "one small step for man" thing,
which they of course had to let through straight. They did have things
quite synchronized, and because of the cool mono tv we had, and the way
the tracks were done on the disk, all that stuff just went right out of
phase and died, so you were left with some very odd residual things.
That is, until the boring person figured out how to make the Spanish track go
away...

-- --
Patrick Perdue (MCP, CNA)
KE4DYI
Greensboro, NC
website: http://www.pdaudio.net
home: +1(336)698-4417
Mobile phone and SMS: +1(336)509-5583
e-mail and .net messenger: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
aim: noaptiva

This message originally sent in reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Saturday, October
20, 2007 at 1:32 PM EST.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.