I tried that recipe, and if you dont like crunchy cookies dont make it. they always come out too crunchy for my liking

On 7/12/2009 4:58 PM, S. Nicole Campbell wrote:
I saw a snipes article claiming the same thing.
But in any case, have some awesome sounding cookies.

*From:* mai...@andrelouis.com [mailto:mai...@andrelouis.com] *On Behalf Of *Venison88a
*Sent:* Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:11 PM
*To:* talk2
*Subject:* Re: The Talk2 List FW: an expensive cookie recipe

Unfortunately, its an "urban legend", but the recipe is valid.

The store is featured in an urban legend involving a supposed recipe for its popular chocolate chip cookie.[30] In the legend, a woman and her daughter enjoy a cookie while shopping at Neiman Marcus in Dallas, Texas, and ask for the recipe. The waiter informs her there will be a "two-fifty" charge, which the woman interprets as a modest $2.50. Upon receiving her VISA statement, she is shocked to discover she has been charged $250.00 instead. In revenge, she photocopies the recipe and urges her friends to distribute it for free to everyone they know so that the store will make no further profit on its sale. Because the story typically was passed along as a photocopy, it falls in the legend subcategory of Xeroxlore.

Folklorists have pointed out three chief holes in the story:

* Prior to the emergence of the legend, the store did not have a chocolate chip cookie;[31] * A similar story has been around since the 1940s, originally involving a red velvet cake recipe from the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. It wasn't until the 1980s that the story's focus shifted to cookies. The cookie version of the story originally was attached to Mrs. Fields cookies, causing that company eventually to post disavowals of the notices at all its stores.

Although the story is untrue, Neiman Marcus nonetheless published the cookie recipe to quell rumors. It was perfected in 1995 by Kevin Garvin and is featured on the company's website for free. It also is in the Neiman Marcus Cookbook (Clarkson Potter, $45) by Mr. Garvin and John Harrisson.