this is something I've been pondering for the last 2 weeks after a conversation with onj the Asterisk pbx uses a bounty system to get stuff done. So, basically you take donations for 3-9 months, then offer the money to developers to complete the project. and the project that I invision is an open source product based on google maps that's multi plat form. pc, and winmo/symbian. WX widgits
are availible for all our major platforms.

In theory this isnt hard to setup but I can smell the headaches from a thousand miles away. People want donations back, people dont like the finished product etc. I'm not sure I want the project but It does leave me tempted to do it.