On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 07:25:31 -0600
o1bigtenor via talk <talk@gtalug.org> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I am looking into using a security cam to observe animal behavior in an area.

   This is not a direct response to your question, just a handy heads-up.

   I came walking hone one Thursday evening through a park across the street
from my house.  I observed a Pelican case (https://www.pelican.com) up in a
tree.  Someone had painted it silver and covered it in duct tape.  When I saw
this I thought damn, what a good idea!  I own a bright orange Pelican case.
Any knowledgeable person seeing it can realize I spent a lot of money on a box
to put something in, like my old SLR camera.  Since then, I have paid $140 for
a newer one for my DSLR camera.

   On Saturday, the police cordoned the street off and called in the bomb
squad.  As far as I can tell, someone spotted the case, and they called the
police in panic.  If you are doing anything weird, call the police and warn
them.  They may have useful tips for you!

--
Howard Gibson
hgib...@eol.ca