On 2020-06-01 10:14 AM, Christopher Browne via talk wrote:
At that time, interoperability with printers and Linux was very much
fraught with troubles.  Those were the days of WinModems and
WinPrinters where Microsoft was trying to capture market by
making sure that lots of devices would ONLY talk to Windows(tm)

Back in those days, I was running OS/2 and knew enough to avoid those Winmodems and printers.

BTW, I also had a FAX modem, so I faxed myself a sheet that I signed several times.  I could then paste my signature on documents which would then be faxed out again.  Back then I was using Faxworks and Post Road Mailer, which worked very well together, for handling faxes & email.  For example, I could fax to email or a received fax could automagically be emailed out.  Or a received email could be sent out via fax.  I essentially had a fax server.  This was way back in the mid - late 90's.

There were a lot of things that could be done in OS/2 that I have not seen elsewhere.