On 3/8/21 9:21 AM, James Knott via talk wrote:
On 2021-03-08 7:44 a.m., o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
(Re: DHL) Hmmmmmm - - - - did you enjoy the insecure (only a http NOT
https) web form you got to use for giving them your information? Did you
'like' the fact that you were set up so that you couldn't clear the shipment
yourself? Did you like the 'nice' fee you were charged for their rather
lackadaisical halding of the same?

I never entered info on the DHL site.  I provided info to the shipper in Hong Kong.

IIRC, the fee from DHL was $20 or so.  This is a lot less than what UPS charged years ago.  It was so obscene that I and others refused to use them.  I don't have a problem paying a reasonable amount for border brokerage service.  My item was over $300, so it couldn't slip through without attracting HST etc..

Having been raped by UPS/Fedex a few times for customs brokerage I try to only use USPS when getting things from the US. I have never had to pay clearing changes and only once had to pay HST out of possibly 100 shipments over the years.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
al...@netvel.net              ||