A friend has a data problem. Her father used to use Linux, and left copious art
notes in pictures stored in DigiKam, KDE’s photo management tool. This was in
2004 or so.

Now my friend is trying to recover the notes. Current DigiKam won’t read the
database. Given her very-tech background, we can assume she’s tried everything
reasonable with modern software. I’m wondering: is there a LiveCD from around
2004 that used KDE that might have a ready-to-go matching version of DigiKam?
I’ve never been a KDE user, but maybe trying an old OS in a VM might be a way
to go.

Any suggestions for which ancient distro and where it might still live
gratefully received.

thanks
 Stewart