Hi all,

I just wanted to bring some news and issues to your attention.

*1) Face-to-face meetings*
We're looking to get back to having real meetings again, with eye contact
and projectors and all that. The space we have had at TMU (formerly
Ryerson) is still on offer, though now the facility requires a card pass to
enter the building so someone will need to let non-students in for the
meetings. Not an optimal situation. We are looking at alternatives; any
ideas you may have are welcomed.

*2) Topics for the next few months' meetings*
While the January meeting this Tuesday will still be virtual, it will
feature the latest (if postponed) annual talk by Mike Hoye of Mozilla.
Further into the year we are planning no less than THREE meetings to talk
about various components of Mastadon, the open source alternative to
Twitter that many are joining and installing. The February, April and June
meetings will be about the structure, technical issues and content issues
about Mastadon. In March we will have presentations about graphics under
Linux, and a few possibilities are being discussed for May. We don't often
have six months of meeting topics known in advance. If you have any ideas
or can contribute to any of these, please let us know.

*3) Technical/software issues*
people have stepped forward with offers of help. In the new year we'll be
bringing this group together and I'm looking forward to its work.

If you have any questions or comments, please reply here to the mailing
list.

Thanks and see you next week!

- Evan