On 3/1/23 12:43, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:

| From: William Park via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| I decided against buying it.  It doesn't have builtin ethernet port,

Current laptops rarely have Ethernet ports.  Wireless is good enough for
most purposes and ethernet sockets add thickness.

Agreed, but one of our main uses of laptops at work is teleconferencing. Using wi-fi lead to stalls, drops and disconnections, so much that we issue each person two docking stations with wired ethernet ports. One is for home, the other for the office.

A few colleagues have home routers that are far enough from their desks that wiring isn't easy, and they suffer disproportionately.

--dave