On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 8:40 AM Giles Orr via talk <talk@gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 at 15:16, Alex Kink via talk <talk@gtalug.org> wrote:
> >
> > Digital Ocean, ...
>
> I second the Digital Ocean suggestion

Thanks, all! Looks like Digital Ocean has exactly what we need at a price
we can work with.

US ownership is fine: the only ownership problem a very few of our clients
have is China. They provide services in turn to the US government, so if
they want to be xenophobic, that's their problem. It's been fun times
engineering out US-disapproved products. We were just about to roll out an
ESP32-based controller, but that got noped out by a client. A shame,
because what you can do with a $2 ESP32 used to take a small server. (None
of them are big enough to run Linux, tho)

cheers,
 Stewart